Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Advent and Some Great Feasts

Ok for those of you who know me, you know why I haven't been blogging. It is Advent -- my favorite time of year and I have been so busy creating the perfect Advent that I haven't been blogging.
So here is the update.
On November 29th, the day after PG's b-day, we put up the tree. Thanks to Target we added the purple lights, snowflakes, and ribbon. The ribbon and I had a big fight this year. It is so nice to have a big window to put the tree in front of finally. But I couldn't take a picture that night because we didn't have any Jesse Tree ornaments on. I thought, "Ok somewhere in week 2 of Advent, I'll take a picture." Two nights ago, the middle section of purple lights went out. So still no pic. I looked at Wal-Mart. They had purple lights (on WHITE wire) so still no picture. As far as the Jesse Tree ornaments, here is a big shout out to the Mothers for Children at OLMC in Carmel. Thanks for the years of ornament trading. My ornaments are so pretty and I think of each one of you as the kids hang them on the tree.
November 30th was the feast of St. Andrew. It made me a little sad. I was thinking of our Andrew and how we are so blessed to have little ones in heaven.
On December 5th, we headed out to Byers CO (an hour and a half away) for Mass the Knights of Columbus Party. We left ourselves plenty of time. Dressed in our Sunday best, we stopped for gas. It has been pretty cold here so Blake waited in the car with us while the gas pumped. When he heard the click, he got out and took the hose out of the car. It started spraying all over him. It soaked him through, so home we went to change. We got to the parking lot of the church at the gospel. We would have been ok except there was no music at Mass.
At the party, there was a special guest (Santa Claus). We had prepped the kids. For those of you who don't know, we don't "do" Santa Claus. On the feast of St. Nicholas (Dec. 6th next post) the kids get there stockings in honor of St. Nicholas. So we decided to remind the kids that some kids think Santa is real and please don't say anything if someone asks you about Santa. Well RA was so taken by him, she didn't leave his side the whole time. Then he starts into this 5 minute speech about, who believes in Santa Claus. Asking kids individually and telling them to raise their hands. I was holding my breath. I could just here DG going on some soliloquy about how Santa was not real and telling the whole story of St. Nicholas. Luckily, he followed directions. Phew.
More about the feast of St. Nicholas later. Here are some pics:

And thanks Mrs. Wrobel for the really cool Playmobile Advent calendar!

No comments: