Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Virtue or bust

I have been keeping up, with great interest, lately with the blog Like A Warm Cup of Coffee. And in God's providence Sarah decided to do a series on Training and Discipling Techniques for Discipling Your Kiddos. Today's post should be read (http://likeawarmcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/2009/06/burdens-or-blessings-dealing-with.html)

I read it last night and it inspired me to go back to a book I had taken a lot of notes with but not implemented much of. So I am now re-reading Mary Ann Budnik's Raise Happy Children...Teach them Virtue. And I am beginning to implement the section on temperments. She suggests keeping a notebook for each child and writing in it their virtues and the plan of attack and their vices and the plan of attack and how it is going along the way.
Would you believe that one of my children has the same temperment as me and the other the same as Blake? :-)
Anyway, this can't come too soon as the move has set us back a little at being productive in our regular routine and those of you who know me and DG know we NEED our regular routine. :-) I'll keep you "posted".

No comments: