Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Flags and stuff

Thought I would post about school today since that is why I started the blog in the first place. Seeing how DG has always been into maps and has a stellar memory for facts, we began states and capitals last week. He knows all the Great Lakes, Mid-west, Mountain, and Pacific states and capitals now. He wanted to know about the flags, trees, birds... so I have added that to the lesson as well. Although he is not memorizing those. So today DG and RA painted a couple state flags. Can I just say when I decided to have them color and paint the state flags, I had no idea how detailed so many of them are. Seesh, it's a flag people!!!!

DG's (above)

RA's
PG's

Just as a fun thing, try an online states and capitals quiz. I guarantee it was easier when we were kids. Then the only cities we knew were the capitals. I mean really who knows the capital of Illinois, Florida, Nevada... unless you have DG's memory.

2 comments:

Ken said...

oh I don't know capitals for sure!

those flags are impressive!

Beth said...

oops that was me!