Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Newly found resources

So with the school year wrapping up (the move put us behind), I found some awesome resources and ideas I just have to share.
At Christmas my mom got DG a book called Logic links for 1st and 2nd graders. It is published my MindWare. I love MindWare. Anyway, it comes with colored chips. Then it gives the colors you use and clues and the kids have to figure out the solution. For example, "Use 2 White chips, 2 green chips, and 1 blue. Clue 1: Both green chips touch the blue chip. Clue 2: The white chips don't touch." There are 100 puzzles like this. Anyway, RG just finished the book (that's right the pre-schooler). She loved it and begged me to "do logic" every day.
DG is really good at memorizing so it was time for states and capitals. There are some really good online quizzes and he loves to use the computer. We also, finally, subscribed to Enchanted Learning.com. So I printed all the state flags and the kids are painting them. We hope to use them to decorate the school room and play room. I also found in my old books, a book titled USA fact book. It has all the states, their capitals, birds, trees... and interesting facts. So DG is using that for reading time.
We just ordered the Great Adventure Bible Study for kids to do over the summer. We are so excited.
So that is what is new at Totus Tuus. Praise God for all the blessings He is bestowing on us.

No comments: