Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lenten reflection

This blog was started to keep friends and family updated on the kids and homeschooling and what the family is up to and it will continue to be that. However, I have found some help lately from reading the reflections of friends and sisters in Christ who have shared something on their blog. Someday, I might start might own blog that is just random thoughts by Jenni but for now here are my thoughts for today. So if you are following to find out how school went today read the next post I have something fun to share but...

Actually my refection for today is not really mine. every Lent I read the Sadness of Christ by St. Thomas Moore. I love it!!!! Here is what I just read during a 10 minute spiritual reading break. St. Thomas was talking about Judas taking the roman soldiers to the Garden and how he would have only taken them there if he was sure Jesus was going there which must have meant Jesus went there often in the night to pray because Judas was too much of a coward to do something like this if he wasn't sure. Then St. Thomas says, "He (Jesus) used to spend the night praying under the open sky while the hypocritical Pharisee was snoring away in his soft bed. How I wish that those of us who are prevented by our own laziness from imitating the illustrious example of our Savior might at least be willing to call to mind His all-night vigils when we turn over on the other side in our beds, half asleep, and that we might then, during the short time before we fall asleep again, offer Him thanks, condemn our slothfulness, and pray for an increase of grace."

Wow!!!!

No comments: