Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas ?s

From Beth
Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, with Pepermint schnapps.

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? No Santa but Epiphany presents are wrapped under the tree on Epiphany morning. - unless they are too big to be wrapped.

Colored lights on tree or white? Purple till the third Sunday of Advent then colored.

When do you put your decorations up? Advent-the 1st Sunday/Saturday night of Advent, Christmas -the 3rd Sunday of Advent

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed potatoes

Favorite Holiday memory as a child: My dad is a physician and one year he knew he would be at the hospital all Christmas day so he and my mom woke me up early on Christmas morning to open gifts and then the thought was I would go back to bed - yeah right. Anyway, I always thought it was neat that my parents had to wake me up.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was really old - 10. I was an only child untill 13 and I never had anyone say anything to me until I asked my mom.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I always got to open 1 gift. And my parents would usually suggest something and it would end up being pajamas.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? My mom saved all my Christmas ornaments and gave them to me when I got married.

Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!!! Although I don't love that it melts and turns brown in Indiana.

Can you ice skate? I don't fall often, but my husband played hockey as a kid and one of my favorite things is going skating with him

Do you remember your favorite gift? Christmas gift-that is hard. Hmm, I got knee high black boots in highschool. Those were pretty cool.

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Keeping Christ in Christmas and celebrating the whole season not just one day.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cranberry pie - my husband's recipe

What is your favorite tradition? When I was a kid, Santa wouldn't wrap gifts so before we could go see what we got my dad would bring orange juice to the bed room and we would sit on my parents' bed and everyone would have to finish thier orange juice before we could go see what we got and my parents would torcher us by drinking their orange juice really slow.
As an adult, I love mid-night Mass.

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving? Giving!!!! I always want people to open the presents I got them more than I want to open what I got.

What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Gloria at Christmas Mass or Let Me Be Your Bethelehem by Danielle Rose or Breathe of Heaven by Amy Grant - I'm not very traditional. But if I could I would listen to Christmas music all year.

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I love red and white candy canes.

Ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh sure.

I'm tagging anyone who wants to play! Come on, you know you want to.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh I forgot about those songs! I love those too :)

Thanks again for inviting us yesterday. We had a great time and EVERYONE slept great last night!!