Thursday, July 16, 2009

Small Success

My Small Success
(caveat: I was sick from Sunday night to late Tuesday night)
1
I am teaching my children how to play in a backyard. They are almost 7, 5, and 2.5. Now this may not seem like much but only the oldest has ever had a yard before and he was just two when we left it. So it is a very new thing and they are enjoying every moment.
2
I communicated well enough with my husband to help him understand I needed him to go with me to a doctor's appointment. This is totally me and not meant to sound sarcastic. Apparently, I assume he hears me when I think. I am thinking really loud; what is his problem? ;-)
3
My little girl is finally talking to me about the things she wants and needs. Instead of looking and smiling or frowning at me and making me guess by the yells or smiles what she means. This is huge not small.
4
I am on my way (with my doctors and husband) to finding out why all the miscarriages. It is a long haul but progress, is finally, being made.
5
Thanks tot he wonderful co-op here our school books are ordered. All I had to do was make the list from 7 different vendors, decide who was the cheapest and what books I wanted to use. Now I wait for the bill. Books are cheaper than tuition though.
I feel a caveat is necessary! All these successes are God's; I'm just along for the ride. All Glory to Him!
Thanks to Elizabeth Foss at In the Heart of My Home (http://ebeth.typepad.com/reallearning/) for this wonderful idea. It is a great way to remember that we are good wives and mothers and daughters of God.

No comments: