Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In the mind and home of Jenni

Outside my window...

Dusk is upon us and just the edge of the moutain tops can be seen in the horizon. What a glorious day it has been.


I am listening to...

Silence. My kids are in bed and my husband is not home. Although you can hear the laughter of children out the window.


To Live the Liturgy...

We have been eating our way through the Liturgy. Italian sausages on Monday night for the feast of Maria Gorretti. The feast of St. Benedict is this week. We have a little one in heaven named Benedict so our prayers will be with him in a special way this week.


To be Fit and Happy...

Walks on the local trails with the kids and going up and down stairs is all my exercise entails these days. I need to work on this one.


I am thankful for ...

good friends who help me make through difficult times.


I am pondering this quote...

No one can live continually in sin and continue to say the Rosary: either they will give up sin or they will give up the Rosary. -Bishop Hugh Doyle


From the kitchen...

Well this week I haven't done as well at meal planning. I am feeling very uninspired. I am praying to St. Zita.


I am wearing...

My favorite Pro-Life T-shirt, "She smiles, hears, kicks, & feels pain. ABORTION KILLS KIDS." and a pair of really comfy jeans.


I am creating...

Next year's syllabi. Bigger project than I had imagined. Good thing I am not starting from scratch.


On my Ipod...

Well it's an mp3 and the latest addition is Martin Doman singing Press On and I think I may break down and buy Selah singing Gentle Healer. I wish Dan Sloan had a recording.


Towards a real education...

I am reading the historical books of the bible again. I think I just skimmed them last time.


I am thinking...

That people don't realize who God is. They think Micheal Jackson is God. Twelve people as of yesterday had ended their life because he died?


Kids this week...

We were getting out of the car today to play in the park and I said, "Leave the toys in the car so they don't get lost" and DG (6 almost 7) says "My brain is my toy. I have been playing with for the whole car ride here." To which I responded "Well certainly don't leave that behind."


I am reading...

2nd Kings, Raise Happy Children teach them Virtue, And Church documents on the Theological and Cardinal Virtues


I am hoping and praying...

That my husband arrives home safely and healthy.


On Keeping home...

We are going to attack the playroom again tomorrow. This has been my most successful week of laundry. It actually goes from hamper to drawer with all the steps in between in the same day. Wow!


One of my favorite things...

I have spent a great deal of time this week sitting on porches with family, talking and looking at the moutains.


A few plans for the rest of the week...

projects with the kids and the Bible timeline, watching my fence get finished, grocery shopping, going to my husband's aunt and cousins' cabin for the burial of his uncle/Godfather, and time with my parents.


Picture thoughts...

Other peoples' bad days can still make me smile.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Look how cute they are!!!

Yeah what is UP with MJ? I watched a small part of his memorial service. It was like he WAS god to them or something. They said he made the world a better place for kids... um.... OK!