Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Well, I have never been a big one for secular holidays and Valentine's day has to be one of the biggest. So being on (modified) bed rest right now didn't really change my plans today except for one major change.
I was unable to attend Mass this morning. So as my family pulled out of the garage, I pulled up EWTN and watched Mass. What a blessing!!!!
My mom met Blake and the kids at Mass and took them to breakfast afterwards.
Before they all left for Mass, DG gave RA a stuffed bear that she named Poolly. The kids got cards from Grandma & Grandpa Helgoth. RA got a tin with M&Ms from Daddy. And Mommy got chocolate covered strawberries.
But the best part of my day was when all 6 of us (and I say all six as the baby is definitely taking up room) got into our bed and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory from Netflix on the computer.
So much for yucky secular holidays. Hope you all had a great one. I think I'll go find a strawberry.

No comments: