Monday, November 16, 2009

Reflections for the week/month

Outside my window::
::it is technically Monday morning. It is dark but I know there is a blanket of snow (and ice) covering everything.
I am listening to::
::my husband breathing hard as he sleeps. And the heater running.
I am wearing
::The same clothes I wore to Mass today. That is almost as lazy as still being in PJs at noon.
To be Fit and Happy::
:: RA wants more exercise in her day. She actually asked for it. So... I rented a exercise video. The kids love it. Now, do I buy one or do I get productive and make my own exercise plan for them. I get right on that one!
I am thankful for::
::this is going to sound wierd. But I actually found myself thanking God tonight for the entertainment of football and the Colts. On more profound things, I am thankful for the realization of the fragility of life and in particular of pregnancy.
I am pondering ::
::the importance of the priesthood in relationship to the sacraments. I was reminded of this when our priest cancelled Mass today. What if we didn't even have a priest?!
I am reading ::
::blogs can't seem to keep my attention much longer than that these days. Oh and the daily meditations for the 40 day Consecration.
In the Kitchen
:: my oven is broken. I can't use it for several more days. I didn't know this before I went grocery shopping for the week. Praise God that only two meals this week were going to be cooked in the oven.
I'm thinking::
:: I need to go to bed earlier.
I am working on
::programs for the AHG award ceremony on Tuesday.
On my iPod::
:: Nothing new really except some old Dolly Parton
Towards a real eduction::
::We decorated the school room last week thanks to my Grandma. This is a blog in it self. Remind me to post it.
Towards rhythm and beauty
::I am working to have a life that truely exemplfies this. It isn't happening.
To Live the Liturgy::
::Can I just say, I am so excited for Advent. I know those of you who know me aren't suprised.
I am hoping and praying::
::for KJ. So far so good but with all the sad and challenging baby news these days (from others) I get worried sometimes.
In the Garden::
::the closest thing to a garden we have is DG's jar with kidney beans that he is growing for a science experiment.
Around the House::
::I am thinking I shouldn't touch anything. The oven is broken, the van is making noise, and the vaccum didn't like me the other night.
On Keeping Home::
::I can't get a handle on laundry. Everytime, I think I might it just doesn't happen. I really need to re-intro my rule.
One of my favorite things::
::snow storms that seem to cover the world with silence.
the kids this week
::RA finding out we are having a girl and singing her name for several days.
DG fecieving his first Reconcilliation and being soooooo excited.
PG thinking about (and I stress thinking about) potty training.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week::
:: Finish the programs, figure out how to get caught up on laudry with out loosing the order in the house, make sure I am physically prepared for Advent, so we can spiritually prepare, take care of my mom during her surgery and recovery.
A Picture Thought I'm Sharing
:: It is time to take back the culture and make it Christian/Catholic again. I am getting tired of having to explain why my children dress as Saints on All Hallows Eve, why I don't celebrate Christmas before the 25th of December and why I celebrate it until Epiphany, that Easter is a 50 day season... We need as a Church to live our faith day to day and not be afraid to be different. Praise God my kids remind me and help me live this daily.

No comments: