Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another Suprise Blessing


At the beginning of June, our homeschool co-op here in the Colorado Springs diocese hosted their first Childrens' Holy Hour with the promise of more to come. As a side note, the holy hours are being done at my grandmother's parish, the parish my parents were married in, and the parish Blake was baptized in. It is really neat as DG has asked me all about the stain glass windows there and I remember as little girl when I would come to my grandma's house and go to mass that I would be fixated on those same windows.
Anyway, they cancelled July because the first friday of the month was 4th of July week-end. So we were looking forward to August. Well sometime in July we got an email that Fr. Antoine Thomas of the Community of St. Jean was coming to host a holy hour for children. He is the one who began doing this across the country. He cam today and had a family retreat for all the homeschool families and anyone else in the community who wanted to come. It was fantastic. We had Mass and a holy hour and then went to the Garden of the Gods for a picnic lunch. On the way home, we saw a herd of (20ish) big horn sheep very close to the road. When we moved to Monument, I was so excited to be coming home to Colorado though I must admit, I probably wouldn't have choosen the diocese or the parish that we live in. That having been said, we have been truely blessed here and it just proves, God's ways are not ours. Thanks to Fr. Antoine and all who planned the day for such a beautiful way to start a school year.

No comments: